Porter Hedges represented SeqWright Inc. (and its parent, BioWright Holdings, Inc.) in its sale to GE Healthcare, a unit of GE (NYSE: GE), for an undisclosed amount.
Founded in 1994, Houston-based SeqWright is a full-service nucleic acid technology contract research organization focused primarily on traditional and next-generation nucleic acid sequencing. The purchase is part of a broader effort at GE to increase investment in personalized medicine, reflecting the company’s growing interest in using genetic information to help tailor treatments to individual patients, according to The Wall Street Journal.
The core team was led by partners Craig Bergez and Dick Wynne, of counsel Beverly Young, and associates Mandy Diaz, Justin Elkouri, and Shayla Friesen. Key contributions were also made by partners Chris Ferazzi, and Geoff Schultz, of counsel Sue Murphy, and associates Jared Gurley, Susan Cates, and Brandon Darden.
- Porter Hedges Represents Private Equity Firm MML Capital Partners in the Sale of TNT Crane and Rigging Inc. to Odyssey Investment Partners Inc.
- Winston & Strawn Expands Transactional Practice in Houston
- Bracewell Represents Shell in 1.2 Million-Square-Foot Shell Plaza Lease, Culminating its Restructuring of North American Real Estate Holdings
- Ford & Harrison Adds Former American Airlines Chief Labor Counsel to Dallas Office – Richard A. Malahowski Joins Firm
- Judicial Clerkship Series: Introduction