Porter Hedges represented Hupecol Cuerva Holdings LLC (“Hupecol”) with the sale of its wholly owned subsidiary Hupecol Cuerva LLC, owner of two exploration and production contracts in Colombia. The $75 million sale was to GeoPark Holdings Limited (“GeoPark”), the Latin American oil and gas exploration and production company operating in Chile, Colombia and Argentina and is subject to typical post-closing adjustments and governmental approval.
The assets acquired from Hupecol comprise the La Cuerva and Llanos 62 blocks (approximately 90,000
acres) in the Llanos basin in Colombia. The La Cuerva block is currently producing and exploratory
seismic operations have commenced at Llanos 62.
Porter Hedges has previously represented Hupecol LLC in several transactions including the sale of two
oil and gas blocks to Madrid based CEPSA and four oil and gas blocks to China’s Sinopec. The deal team was led by energy partner Bob Thomas and energy associate Mac Marshall with assistance from corporate partner Richard Wynne, corporate associate Kevin Poli, and tax partner John Ransom.
- Porter Hedges Represents Management Group in the $1 Billion Private Equity Backed Formation of Maverick American Natural Gas
- Porter Hedges Represents Noble Energy in a $3.2 Billion Joint Venture with CONSOL Energy in the Marcellus Shale
- Porter Hedges Represents Noble Energy in the Completion of the $3.2 Billion Joint Venture with CONSOL Energy in the Marcellus Shale
- Porter Hedges Represents EPL Oil & Gas, Inc. in the Purchase of Oil and Gas Assets in the Gulf of Mexico from Hilcorp Energy Co. for $550 Million
- Porter Hedges Represents Special Committee of the Gulfport Energy Corporation Board of Directors in the $220 million acquisition of Utica Shale Acreage from Windsor Ohio