Haynes and Boone, LLP has successfully assisted AT&T International, Inc. in an exchange offer launched by America Móvil, S.A.B. de C.V. to acquire the capital stock of Teléfonos de México, S.A.B. de C.V. (Telmex) it does not already directly or indirectly own.
AT&T tendered its share participation in Telmex in a transaction valued at about US$1.1 billion. The public offer was launched Oct. 11 on the Mexican and New York stock exchanges and closed Nov. 11.
Haynes and Boone represented AT&T as Mexican counsel in the transaction. Dallas-based partner Alberto de la Peña served as lead attorney. He was assisted by Mexico City Partner Antonio Franck and Dallas associate Armando Cuevas Brun.
The Haynes and Boone Mexico cross-border practice is one of the largest Mexico practices of any U.S. law firm. Its full-service practice based in Dallas and Mexico City features about 20 attorneys with a wide range of experience in handling the legal aspects of international business, foreign investment, trade regulation, project finance, infrastructure, litigation and arbitration.
- Haynes and Boone Advises Hyatt on Purchase Of Premier Mexico City Hotel in Polanco
- Haynes and Boone Assists Fossil in Acquisition of Skagen Designs
- Ajamie Structures Multimillion Dollar Mexico/USA Cross-Border Settlement
- Haynes and Boone Represents Citigroup in $1.3B New Notes and $124M Unsecured Exchange Offer for EFH and EFIH
- Haynes and Boone Team Assists Loomis Armored in $5.7 Million Acquisition