Bracewell & Giuliani LLP is representing Chesapeake Energy Corporation in its sale of midstream assets in three separate transactions for total expected cash proceeds of more than $4 billion.
Chesapeake has agreed to sell its limited partner units and its general partner interests in Chesapeake Midstream Partners, L.P. (CHKM) to Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP) for cash proceeds of $2.0 billion. Chesapeake has also entered into a letter agreement with CHKM relating to the potential sale of certain Mid-Continent gathering and processing assets to CHKM and a separate letter agreement with GIP for the sale of the company’s interests in its wholly owned subsidiary, Chesapeake Midstream Development, L.P. (CMD) to GIP. Chesapeake expects total cash proceeds of more than $2.0 billion from these two transactions.
Bracewell attorneys working on the matter include:
Partners: Michael S. Telle, G. Alan Rafte, Elizabeth L. McGinley, Gregory M. Bopp, Bruce R. Jocz, and Daniel E. Hemli
Counsel: Jacqueline R. Java
Associates: Harrison F. Bolling, Erica L. Hogan, Michael De Voe Piazza, Christopher J. Miller, Alexander W. Jones, and Allison K. Perry
- Chesapeake Represented by Bracewell in $2.16 Billion Sale of Midstream Assets
- Bracewell Represents Chesapeake Energy Corporation in $1.25 Billion Joint Venture
- Bracewell Represents Chesapeake Energy Corp. in Sale of Midstream Assets to MarkWest Energy Partners, SemGroup Corporation
- Bracewell Represents Chesapeake Energy Corporation in $300 Million Sale of Mid-America Midstream Gas Services
- Porter Hedges Represents Chevron U.S.A. Inc. in the Acquisition of Unconventional Assets in New Mexico from Chesapeake Energy Corp.