A public law attorney with a decade of experience in Texas ethics law has returned to Locke Lord’s Public Law Practice Group. Kimberly M. Bonnen re-joins the Firm as Of Counsel and will work from the Houston and Austin offices, representing clients on matters of Texas ethics laws and other public law legal matters. Bonnen formerly worked as an Associate for Locke Lord for four years immediately after earning her law degree from the University of Houston Law Center.
She returns to a finely tuned, statewide team of Public Law attorneys and non-lawyer professionals who are consistently ranked at the top of Texas law firm lobby practices by respected publications, including Texas Lawyer and political newsletter Capitol Inside. Like many of her Public Law colleagues at Locke Lord, Bonnen has significant experience in campaign finance law and ethics compliance, with a particular focus on corporate political activities.
Bonnen most recently was an associate with Vinson & Elkins. She advises clients on ethics law compliance for both in-house and outside lobbyists and is knowledgeable regarding political action committees, having advised clients in the drafting of compliance materials for PACs. A former legislative aide for a Texas state representative, Bonnen is familiar with legislative activities throughout Texas and understands the intricacies of state government, its laws and processes.
A Brazoria County resident, Bonnen is active in her community and serves as a Board Member on the B.I.G. Love Cancer Care Services Board and the Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic School Board.
- Bart Huffman Joins Locke Lord’s Austin Office as an Intellectual Property Partner with Emphasis on Privacy and Internet Technology Matters
- Noted Corporate Energy Attorney Robert Eickenroht Joins Locke Lord Bissell & Liddell as Houston Partner
- Former Littler Shareholder Returns to Growing Dallas Office
- Well-Respected Transactional Attorney Dan A. Fleckman Joins Locke Lord Corporate/Energy Practices in Houston
- Chais L. Sweat Joins Dykema In Dallas