Vinson & Elkins raised Texas first-year associates’ salaries to $160,000, becoming the first Texas-based firm to match the New York market rate. V&E also raised pay for its Washington, D.C. associates. Salaries for first through eighth year associates were raised, but starting in the third year, associates must work 2,000 credit hours in order to be eligible for the complete raise. With this system, associates earn salaries comparable to those in NY, but if they are not able to make the 2,000 hours their pay is reduced only slightly, and only for that year.
- Weil – Dallas Stars Hockey Club to be Sold
- Porter Hedges Secures Significant Jury Trial Victory for KBR in Houston
- Jackson Walker Defends Standard Renewable Energy in Contract and Fraud Suit
- Bracewell Advises Kinder Morgan Energy Partners in $380 Million Sale of Express-Platte Pipeline Interest
- Haynes and Boone Advises Hyatt on Purchase Of Premier Mexico City Hotel in Polanco